WHAT A SPECTACLE!
HOW TO WEAR GLASSES FOR ALL OCCASIONS
Since Gucci sent models down the runway in tortoiseshell frames with their Autumn/Winter collection in 2015, the Fashion industry; an unlikely supporter of the optically challenged- has recognised the part that glasses play in accessorising a look. Increasingly clear glass spectacles (worn for the look not the medical requirement) have been getting shelf space on the high street; and there has been something of a revolution in interesting and stylish frames available for prescription glasses. Independent Eyewear Experts Glimpse in Birmingham pride themselves on bespoke service and offering brands that are individual and unusual.
Matt from Glimpse states that it is not unusual for Men to have a collection of prescription glasses which are worn on different days, for different events, at different times of the year– ‘we are seeing guys who wear glasses every day – and just as you wouldn’t wear the same suit all week – they like to change the style dependent on the objective.’
‘Choosing the correct shape frame, is not just about the shape of your face, you need to consider the way that the glasses work with your features, as well as your skin tone, facial hair and personal style. My advise is always choose the frame that makes you smile.’
Matt’s Top Tips:
· Follow your brow line. Avoid having too much brow above or below the frame.
· Eyes should sit at the centre of each frame.
· Choose a frame in a colour that compliments your eye colour.
· Look at your features, especially the nose and work on balance. Frames with a low bridge will suit a larger nose.
· Round faces suit an angular shape to give definition. Most styles work well on Oval face shapes except for thin frames which may elongate the face.
· If you are bald; or have a receding hairline; darker frames will give definition. Avoid clear frames as these may elongate the forehead.
Glimpse: Great Western Arcade, Birmingham. Call 01213890841 to make an appointment https://glimpseopticians.co.uk/